Saturday, December 29, 2007

Recipe Box Contest


Mine is not old, the last one fell apart. But it is opened and used often.


One of my favorite recipes to make for showers, finger food, or when there are kids present is my Aunt Jean's Ham Delights. As always, she gave me the recipes verbally with "some of this, a little of that" method.


Ham Delights:

Mix together:


  • 1/2 lb butter

  • 3 T. prepared mustard(your choice)

  • 3 T. poppyseed

  • 1 t. worcestershire

  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped

Split 2 packs of Pepperidge Farm Party Rolls, or something similar.


Spread filling on bottom and top.


Fill rolls with 1 lb sliced ham(cut to fit rolls as needed), 1/2 c. shredded swiss cheese.


Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes.


These reheat very well. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Diane H said...

Hi - I came over from Mason-Dixon. I make these sandwiches with Hawaiian bread! I always have to call my sister for the recipe. I'm going to write down yours and tuck it in my very blog-unworthy recipe box.

I will find another reason to call my sister.

Diane Hall
http://katzundyarnerbits.blogspot.com