Monday, August 13, 2007

In the Groove

Finally.... I'm feeling like I've gotten over the hump on the rectangular shawl. I've had needle problems, dropped stitches, and a bad case of losing my place. After 3 re-starts, I think I am in the groove. It's not a hard pattern, but I was not keeping my sanity with it.

Things I've learned:
  • Alpaca-silk will slip off metal needles, but not bamboo
  • there are projects that you just can't take into a room of friendly, chatty women
  • any project is possible if you grow some patience
  • I sure must love my sister to go through this much angst!
Folks tell me that when I get stuck to change to a mindless project. So I've been working on MD Ballband washcloths -a gift to my Aunt Genie on her 90th birthday party on Saturday. She is still going strong! I had ordered some Cot-Lin for the dishtowel, but I don't know that it will get here in time.

I've decided that I want to make a log cabin blanket for each of the boys to take to college. Boy 1 leaves 2 years from this week, and Boy 2 leaves 4 years following. Hope I have enough time! ha.

No comments: