Monday, August 20, 2007

Ladybugs

Today is one of those days that I need something. My patience is thin at work, and I'm needing something that makes it all okay. I have a cool memory of when I took the kids to Monticello J, my oldest was in 3rd grade and had a book report on a famous person. He opted for Thomas Jefferson. A no-brainer to me, we hopped in the car to spend a day or two at Monticello. While J was intently listening to the tour guide, D, who was still in preschool, with that pre-school wonder, found a ladybug, alive, well and wanting to play. It was a child-like, innocent moment with him. We let the ladybug crawl on us, and giggled when it tickled. That's what I feel like I need today. Ladybugs, in the most un-expected places to bring joy and giggles.

Maybe I should have worked from home today, but then I'd be tempted to knit any of the many gifts I've got started for Christmas. Talk about behind, I think I've taken on more than I can complete.

No comments: