Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New


Finally, finally, it has become fall. And with that comes a lot of new-ness for me. This is the time of the year that I throw out the old, make way for the new. New experiences, new, fresh time with family, a new year for me.


And Saturday I learned something new. I took the Crayon Box Jacket class with Chris Blysma, and learned mitred sqares. As with any new process, I have to understand the process and semi-master it before I'm in love with it. So I'm learning to love the process now, and with that, I'll learn to love the finished product. Right now, I've got 3 squares done, and I'm not totally pleased with the way the squares look - a little whomp-eyed, a little uneven. Too critical for this stage I'm sure. But I'm thrilled with the opportunity of learning a new something.


I've been working semi-steadily on a wrap, and will be at the point of blocking within 2 weeks. I have been searching for information as to how/what to block, with no luck. Last night I ran across Knitting in Plain English by Maggie Righetti, and voila, there it is! Many pages about what firbers to block, how to block, etc! YAY!

No comments: