Friday, March 6, 2009

Man, it's been a year so far. January, I thought, was particularly tough. Fast forward to February 6, when I lost my job. A blow for sure. No matter, it is the best thing, there is always something better when these things happen. I can tell you this: I'm more relaxed, and happy, and relieved more than I have been in a couple of years.

I have had some time to spend with family, and I found these 2 recipes in my mothers recipe stash: Oven Fried chicken and Zucchini Muffins
I leave them with you, as my boys ate these up in quick order, and deemed winners at my house. Oh, they didn't know the muffins had zucchini in them.

Oven Fried Chicken
3/4 c. buttermilk
2 tsp chicken bullion granules
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 package chicken pieces(3.5-4lbs)

Marinate chicken for 8 hours in mixture of buttermilk, bullion, poultry seasoning.

1 T. Paprika
2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. butter

Mix together above ingredients except butter. Place in pie plate. Add chicken to coat, making sure fully covered.
Arrange chicken on cookie sheet. Drizzle with melted butter and cook at 350F.
[ok, I forgot to put anything into the buttermilk, and didn't do the butter drizzle. The butter helps the flour not sit on top of the chicken, but really, it was just fine.]

Zucchini Muffins

1 c shredded zucchini
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 box Jiffy Corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 c milk(or buttermilk)

Mix all together and bake at 350 in muffin tins(spray with Pam if not using paper liners) for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: