Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blog Neglect

OK, I'm getting bad at blogging. I am not in the minority though, as most of my friends at some point start their blogs "I can't believe hpow long it's been!".

This has been a really hard year for me. If you've been following this blog, you understand that. Regardless, it's been nice getting some things that I didn't get when I was working: time. I didn't have time to really slow down and really be intentional in my life. I have that now, although I'm not great at it on a daily basis - I really have to think about it before the week starts and remind myself through out.

One would think I would have all the time in the world for knitting. WRONG! Looking for a job is hard work and takes time.

But I have managed to click off a few things: A Journey Hat - really a great slouchy pattern, look for it on Ravelry; Ishbel - a wonderful shawl by Ysolda Teague (she writes the best patterns, check her out yslolda.com); and a Sugar Maple Shawl in Malabrigo Worsted - held double.

Currently, I'm working on, and those that know me know that I probably have more WIP's than this: Textured Shawl('recipe" by Orlane) - love this whole thing. I bought some Blue Moon Fiber ARts BLF Sport in a chocolate, know that was its project. LOVE IT! I'm also working on some Fingerless mits out of some Bijou Basin Yak(Maryland Sheep and Wool purchase).

Seeing how the girl doesn't have money for gifts, she's working off her yarn addiction 1 day a week... so I'm knitting frantically to get some Christmas presents done. So far, a hat for my neice, a scarf for my dad; in the queue still is a camisole for my neice, although I'm toying with the thought of scrapping that and just making her a lot of hats. I made her the Portia beret last year and she tells me how much she loves it and wears it. Still have to get mom's secret gift on the needles, but that one requires a little bit more doing - like yarn selection, gonna be a doozie. AND I have to have to have to finish Jeremy's afghan. I've 24 of the 96 squares, but have just not had the time to work on them with the boys at home this summer. He leaves for college August 14, so will commence once again once that dates comes and goes.

So that's all that's going on in my knitting life. I'll work on getting photos in this week, but in the meantime stop over at ravelry.com and check out my projects there: I'm brattyknitter.

No comments: